10. Seeing your beautiful ship from a couple of miles away as you approach the cruise terminal to get on board.
9. That Ah Ha moment you have when you walk on board and realize that you have stepped out of the routine and into another world.
8. Visiting several exciting new places but only unpacking once.
7. Free room service = coffee and breakfast in bed before you head out to the breakfast buffet.
6. Spending time with a ship load of people who have set aside the time just for having fun – you will make friends.
5. The dinner menu has the best food you ever heard of and no prices, cause there is no bill at the end.
4. When you get back to your cabin for the night it is the coziest place in the world.
3. The never ending variety of things to do, on shore and on board, or just a deck chair and good book with a warm breeze and cool drink, your call.
2. So many night life possibilities, great shows, live music galore, dancing under the stars or disco lights, piano bars, midnight buffets and then you just walk home.
#1. Knowing what your vacation will cost and having everything taken care of before you go. We like to book early and just make payments. Its all fully refundable until 75 days before you go in case you have a change of plans.
I was drawn to the travel profession out of a deep love for exploring and meeting new people. My love affair with cruising began in 1990 when my Mother took our family on a 3 day cruise vacation on the then brand new Carnival Fantasy.
Cruising is a great vacation option and an exceptional value. There is no other place where you can experience the cuisine, entertainment and service of a modern cruise ship, and often for less than the cost of a hotel room.
Unpack once and sample the essence of many cultures both onboard and in the ports of call. It is a great family experience with something for everyone and a fine dinner table to gather around for the evening.
The cruise lines are fully committed to keep their ships full and that means exceptional value for the savvy customer. The thing I enjoy most is finding affordable value added cruise vacations for first timers as well seasoned cruisers. Our affiliation with Cruises Inc. and their volume buying power allows me to do that very well.
Bill GibsonWanderabouts Travel